Monday, June 18, 2012

My Pappy

I was going to write this post yesterday night for father's day, but I'm a procrastinator like my dad so I did not get to it. Lol. So as you can see I will be writing about my pappy. I will try to write everything that comes to mind when I'm writing about him. First I will tell you my dad has been in my life since I was born. For that I am very lucky. I know a lot kids don't ever see or know their dad. But to be honest I didn't have much of a relationship with my dad before the age of ten. Yes he lived with me and my sisters, he worked and provided for us. Made sure we had clothes and food to eat, and school supplies. But not really a relationship. I don't have that many memories of him as a child. He never really talked or played with us. Then he wasn't really the emotional type. My mom was the one who did all of that. I remember him playing playstation in his room, I'm pretty sure the game was tomb raider. He had the game guide right beside him in case he got stuck or something while playing it. I remember him setting up the brand new computer we had got. He taught us how to get to the games and taught us how to play them. I also remember when he gave sara her Nintendo 64 and gave me my Gameboy color, the game I got with it was a Bugs Life. He took me and Sara to our soccer practice one time. And I also remember when he walked my new bike inside on Christmas eve. It was a pink bike (I was disappointed when I saw it at first) It had neon colored beads on the wires on the inside of each wheel, and had ribbons coming out of the end of each handle bar. The seat was white and so were the tires. My sister Sara got the same bike I did. I don't know if he just didn't really know how to talk to us since we were all girls, or if it was just him sad in an unhappy marriage. But when my parents split when I was 10 in the 4th grade was when I finally got a relationship with my dad. My parents didn't fight over custody for us. We got to see and be with both of them whenever we wanted. Looking back at it now I guess the divorce was a blessing in disguise because I don't know if I would have the same relationship I have with him today if they didn't split. Something in him changed. I think maybe he didn't want to lose us either cause of the divorce. So he started to make the effort of actually spending time and talking to us. Which I loved. Cause at the time I blamed the whole divorce on my mom. I can honestly say I almost hated her because of it. I didn't understand why she didn't want to be with him or why she didn't love him enough to stay. And because she had gotten with my now step dad so quickly. In my head I thought she was trying to replace my dad and was trying to make dino my new dad. I gave my mom hell for it. Even though I didn't really have a relationship with my dad I defended him to my mom. To everyone. In my eyes my dad could do no wrong, It's still that way now. Lol. So I wanted to be with him all the time whenever I could. He would come pick us up like every other night and take us out to eat. It was kind of weird at first because it was like meeting him for the first time. Yea I've know him all my life, but I actually started to get to know him. He still wasn't all emotional with us. But it was way more than what I had been use to. I found out my dad pretty much dislikes everyone. Lol. He likes to watch cartoons. And if he thinks or finds something funny in a movie he will quote that line every chance he gets in a conversation. He hates to go grocery shopping. He's a hermit. He loves Chinese buffets. He's addicted to soda. His favorite thing to cook is breakfast because its easy and delicious. All of my mom's friends and family annoy him. Lol. (some of them annoy me too) He loves animals. His favorite car brand is Chevrolet, he hates Ford. He likes video games. He thinks he's always right, even when he's wrong. Lol. He's lazy when he's home but when he works he's the best. He's not a fan of spicy food. He'd rather sleep on a couch or a recliner than a bed. His favorite color is red. He's the king at talking shit and making fun of everyone. He flirts with every girl cashier at walmart. He loves to annoy his mom. Lol. He prefers to wear over sized shirts so no one will see his man boobs or his gut. HA HA HA. He's the loudest snorer in the world! He doesn't liked to be tickled. And if you try he will punch you in the leg or throw his sandal at you or grab your foot an pull your toes until they pop. And if you want something from him you have to clean the house. He likes Cars and guns. He won't admit it, but he likes to gossip. He'll try to make you watch a scary movie with him so he won't watch it alone. He wont watch the original Exorcism movie. He's hardly ever drinks. He use to smoke cigarettes but he quit a long time ago. Those are a few fun facts about my dad. I have a great relationship with him. He gives the best advice about everything. And he's always there for me and my sisters and my mom financially, and  if i need to talk. I remember I was playing around with him one day and i pulled his chin beard pretty hard and i tried to run away so he grabbed this brush it was solid wood and had a thick metal ring around it. Well he grabbed it and threw it at my head while i was running out of the room. It hit me on the side of my forehead and i fell to the ground. That shit hurt! Lol. I had this big lump on the side of my head and it was throbbing. He was too busy laughing at me to see if i was ok. When he was done laughing he told me thats what i deserved for pulling his hair. Lmao. Don't worry I wasn't seriously injured or anything. Thats how me and my dad play around. We fight with each other.  This other time..well I can't remember if i hit him and tried to run away again or if I was annoying him but I remember I tried to run away so he picked up his sandal and screamed Tomahawk!!!!!!! while he threw it straight into my back. That shit hurt too. Lol. Him and my sisters were all laughing at me. I'm guessing I deserved it. I was laughing too cause he screamed tomahawk cause i was really into tomahawking on the black ops game for Xbox. I also remember me and him were at walmart once and we were in the hair accessories isle looking for something for Shannon. And at the time Destiny's child had a song out called "lose my breath" Well in the middle of the isle i randomly started to sing the chorus and did like a fast little dance move. My dad just looked at me and busted out laughing. He still makes fun of me til this day cause of it. Lol it was a catchy song and i forgot I was at walmart and started to jam. Ha ha. Thats my dad's way of showing he cares..he makes fun of you and or talks mess to you. Either or. I remember when he took me and my sisters to go see Shrek in theaters. That's one of his favorite movies. I remember that day cause it was the first time he had taken us to the movies himself. See my dad is a home body. Because everyone annoys the hell out of him. So he usually just gave us the money and my mom would take us or we would go with friends. He also took us to go see the movie "300" but I fell asleep right when it started. Because I was high. I don't think he knew, if he did he didn't say anything. And if he didn't and he reads this then he knows now. Lol. I tried to stay awake but the previews were so boring and it was dark and the chair was really comfy. Ha ha..My dad use to cut the grass with this huge white and red tractor. Like this nigga was huge! And one day he let me sit on his lap and steer it while he had his foot on the pedal. That was awesome! That day he let me and my both my sisters steer it. I think I was in the fifth grade and my dad came to pick us up from the trailer to go eat or something well I had to go back inside to get something I forgot well I came out running cause I didn't want to keep him and my sisters waiting. Well we have a rocky drive way and I was running at full speed and i tripped over a rock and fell hard face first into the drive way. My dad came out of the truck laughing at me. I almost cried but I saw him laughing so I started to laugh too but my eyes were still watery but I was laughing. I was caught somewhere in the middle of crying and laughing and I think that made my dad laugh more. For some reason he always laughs when I get hurt. I was washing dishes once and I guess I was washing the glass to hard and it broke and I ended up cutting my knuckle pretty bad. I started to freak out but he told me to calm down. Then he started to laugh at me and called me a dumbass. Lol. My pappy is so nice isn't he? Ha ha. He may not be the most perfect dad in the world. But he is my dad and I'll always love him. I threaten him sometimes that when he gets old I'm going to throw him into an All men nursing home. Lol, then he threatens me he's going to leave me out of his will if I do that. Ha ha. Dumb fatboy. Well that's all for now I have written enough. I hoped you enjoyed the read. If not oh well. Have a great day and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment